TekSIP Frequently Asked Questions
- Which operating systems are supported?
Windows XP+, Windows 2003+ Server.
- Can I use a RADIUS server to authenticate SIP endpoints?
TekSIP supports RADIUS authentication (http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-sterman-aaa-sip-00.txt) and accounting.
- Is there any limitation on the number of users can be defined on TekSIP?
Freeware version allows maximum 3 endpoints definitions. Freeware version also permits maximum 3 simultaneous of SIP calls. Commercial version has no limit on simultaneous registrations and calls.
- Does Logging have a negative impact on TekSIP performance?
Yes, depending on the number of calls made in a specific interval of time logging can cause performance degradation. Use logging just when it's needed.
- Where does TekSIP store configuration data?
TekSIP stores configuration data in TekSIP.ini which can be found under application directory.
- Does TekSIP allow alphanumeric characters in SIP usernames?
Yes, you can use numeric as well as alphanumeric characters in SIP usernames.
- I get "Application could not be initialized (0x0000135) Press OK to quit" error when I try to run TekSIP. What is wrong?
Please check if you have Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Client Profile installed. If you don't have it download and install from Microsoft Downloads.
- How NAT traversal works on TekSIP?
TekSIP supports NAT traversal between registered endpoints. If your defined route is a SIP UA, NAT traversal will also work.
- Manager GUI runs very slowly?
Some anti virus systems may affect performance of the GUI application, try to add an exception for the GUI application and try again.
- Does TekSIP supports hunting?
You can define redirection endpoints while adding SIP endpoints. TekSIP redirects incoming calls to alternative endpoints when called endpoint off-line or busy.
- I cannot find TekSIP SP in downloads?
SP editions features are enabled with a registration key. You can either purchase one through KaplanSoft WebStore or request a trial key.